Los Angeles International Airport would like you to know it is currently a mess.
It put out a press release this week detailing construction impacts to roadways. I’m afraid you might get caught in some traffic, especially if you use the airport during off hours.
Here’s what the release says, as far as road closures:
- “Every night, short portions of Lane 4 (the inner lane) on the Lower/Arrivals Level Roadway will be shut down in front of pre-selected terminals, two at a time, from May 27 to June 24, from 1 am to 8 am, for Ground Penetrating Radar exploration.”
- “North Center Way between Theme Way (the street near Parking Structure 2A) and East Way will be closed from 12 am to 11 am Monday through Friday, and from 6 am to 4:30 pm Saturday as needed, as part of the Center Way widening effort. This closure is ongoing through August 29.”
- “The northbound portion of East Way, as well as part of one lane of southbound East Way, will be closed from World Way North to World Way South from May 27 to September 5, 12 am to 3 pm, for roadway improvements related to the Center Way Widening project.”
There will also be sidewalk closures, according to the release:
- “Terminal 7’s lower level sidewalk and median will be closed for work on curbside escalators. Pedestrians will be rerouted from June 2 to August 8.”
- “The sidewalks along Center Way North will be closed between the Central Utility Plant and East Way, and along East Way for the Center Way Widening effort.”
- “There will be periodic and intermittent partial sidewalk closures outside TBIT on the Upper/Departures Level. Closures are expected to occur from 12 midnight to 9 am and from 4 am to 2:30 pm through July 14.”
- “Portions of the sidewalk in and around Terminal 1 and Parking Structure 1 through July 3, 2014, and at Terminal 7 and Parking Structure 7 from June 2, 2014 to August 8, 2014 will be temporarily closed during non-peak hours.”
Good luck navigating this stuff, everyone!