The Mt. Baldy Battle of the Brews returns this Sunday (June 5).
Here’s now it works: Two breweries bring their best brews to Top of the Notch restaurant at the top of the Mt. Baldy ski lift. Participants sample and vote for their favorite beer, and the winning brewery moves on to the next round until one winner remains.
There’s also entertainment: Bands, ziplining, cornhole and disc golfing. Oh, and that fabulous view!
Tickets — which include a round-trip ride on the ski lift, a 6-beer flight, judging card and a pint of your favorite beer — are normally $31.99 on the Mt. Baldy Ski Lift website, but this Sunday, all you need to do is show up tell ’em you’re there to support Rök House Brewing Company, pay $15 for the beer and card and you’ll get a free ride up the mountain and back.
Here are the initial matchups:
- June 5: Rök House Brewing Company vs. Alosta Brewing Co.
- June 12: Coachella Valley Brewing Co. vs. Absolution Brewing Company
- June 26: Four Sons Brewing vs. I & I Brewing
- July 10: Claremont Craft Ales vs. Lightning Brewery
- July 17: Sanctum Brewing Company vs. Iron Fist Brewing Co.
- July 24: No Clue Craft Brewery vs Backstreet Brewery
- July 31: Hamilton Family Brewery vs Santa Monica Brew Works
- August 7: Last Name Brewing vs. Old Stump Brewing Co.
Quarterfinals will take place August 14 and 21 and September 4 and 12, with the semifinals on September 18 and 25.
The finals will be held October 16.
For more information, click here.