What’s with all the baseball analogy on day one of the Sonia Sotomayor Supreme Court hearings before the Senate committee?
The umpire’s job description of calling “balls” and “strikes” was used by several senators — all Republican. Must’ve been in the Fox News Rupert Murdoch talking points they studied beforehand.
Either that or they’re surrendering to the annoying TV trend of using the word “balls” whenever possible — and especially when it doesn’t apply.
GOP lawmakers at the hearings were all concerned about Sotomayor’s “wise Latino woman” comments.
Then there was the outburst by one protester screaming from the back of the room “What about the unborn!”
Seriously, Sean Hannity, you need help…
Why is it always men who are most vehemently opposed and loudest (if not actually killing doctors who perform abortions) about the unborn?
Sotomayor’s pro-choice stand is what’s really got the GOP’s panties in a bunch.
Al Franken, recently declared the winner of the senate seat in Minnesota, made his debut as a committee member.
It would have made the hearings more entertaining had the comic turned politician (not much of a stretch there) asked Sotomayor, “Are you prepared to see an overweight white guy in drag playing you on ‘Saturday Night Live’?”
President Obama’s choice for the Supreme Court has a few more days in the hot seat before the vote is taken.
That means Sarah Palin is going to have to come up with something to steal Sotomayor’s thunder.
The Thrilla from Wasilla took on the national mourning period for Michael Jackson and actually got a lot of attention. Even MSNBC took time out from its 24/7 homage to attack Palin for quitting.
What news can she make?
Posing in the nude with an AK-47 strategically placed for the cover of National Review?
But try not to think of that image right now….
Last week on the world stage, President Obama met with Pope Benedict for 40 minutes.
Here never before released are some of the things Il Popo asked the prez:
1. Can you believe how hot Sarah Palin looks in waders?
2. What up with that Dick Cheney, dog? Do I have to prepare an exorcism?
3. I like the gift, but couldn’t you get me Jay-Z’s autograph?
4. What’s hiking along the Apalacian Trail mean?
5. They say confession is good for the soul, but does anybody deserve to hear about Berlusconi bagging babes?
6. Who’s taller, Rahm Emanual or Kim Jong il?
7. How can Joe Biden talk so much when he always has his foot in his mouth?
8. Are you going to the screening tonight of “Bruno?”
9. Did you know George W. Bush asked me where he could get a hat like mine?
10. You’re too thin, do they feed you good enough at the White House?
President Obama’s teleprompter broke Monday while he was in the middle of a speeech.
The devise crashed to the floor, leaving Obama at a loss for words.
It may be just a rumor, but after the incident, several people swore they saw Fox News’ Minister of Propaganda Glenn Beck running out of the room with a screwdriver in hand and laughing like a crazed hyena.
It is also not true that Joe Biden was immediately pressed into service holding cue cards.