Thursday was beer mugs and man hugs night at the White House
President Obama hosted the odd couple du jour— Harvard professor Henry Louis “Skip” Gates and his arresting officer, Cambridge, Mass. police Sgt. James Crowley.
The “no it’s not a summit, guys” was held at a picnic table outside the White House.
The press was kept at a distance and out of earshot as to what the three guys (and Veep Joe Biden) were jawing about.
Wouldn’t you like to have been a fly on that picnic table to pick up the conversation?
Well, maybe not a fly —- the prez is pretty good at swatting them little buggers on the first attempt.
In any event, not much if anything was recorded live when it was going on.
One can only imagine what the threenew best friendshad to say.
1. “I need to see your driver’s license, registration and birth certificate, Mr. President.”
2. “Try the arugala dip —- Tim Geithner spent hours making it.”
3. “OK, now it’s time for a chugging contest. The winner gets to wear the “I’m with stupid” T-shirt in the photo op with Biden.”
4. “Sure, you can call this productive if you look at it as being the first time a white cop has shown up at a black man’s house without a warrant.”
5. “Actually, I’ve been reassigned in the department —- on Monday I start tracking down ShamWow! imitators.”
6. “If this works, next week I’m going to pick two lucky senior citizens who will have Jell-O pudding at the White House to prove my health care plan isn’t out to kill them.”
7. “First one who starts saying “I love you, man” is cut off.”
8. “I don’t care how blind drunk I get, Anne Coulter still wouldn’t look good.”
9. “That’s a really good impression of Bill Clinton, but it would’ve had the same effect if you didn’t drop your pants.”
10. “We oughta do this more often….. Psyche!”