Talk about the times they are a-changin.’
It’s been reported that Bob Dylan —- the voice of a generation during the turbulent 1960; poet laureate of the Age of Aquarius — is going to record a Christmas album.
To quote a line from one of his songs: “You got a lot of nerve…”
Apparently, the album won’t be all traditional Christmas songs. Rather a combination of Yuletide carols and Dylan originals.
Here’s the proposed albumn’s itinerary:
1. “Like a Holly Roller Stone.”
2. “Highway 61 in Bethlehem Revisited.”
3. “Santa Claus is Coming to Desolation Row.”
4. “I Saw Mommy Kissing Joan Baez.”
1. “Frosty the Tambourine Man”
2. “Stuck Inside of Galilee with the Judea Blues Again.”
3. “It’s Beginning to Look a lot like Everybody Must Get Stoned.”
4. “I’m dreaming of a White Christmas blowin’ in the wind.”
Not to be outdone, several other celebs or pols want to get in on recording holiday albumns — and not only Christmas albums.
There are other holidays. Like Halloween. Not exactly up there with Christmas and New Year’s, but for this bit it will have to do.
Who better to put out a scary Halloween album than the lunatic right-wing extremist bigots?
Scaring people is what they do best.
Think of all the fun they can have with the albumn’s title track “Haunted White House.”
It will give them and Jabba the Butt and his Butt-pluggers a chance to use the word “spooks” and claim that it’s all just innocent fun.
Other songs on the album could be: “You People are Strange,” “Highway to Hell, or, Where Liberals are taking the country,” “Fear the Reaper’s Government Takeover,”
and the song that will be released as a single: “Bela Lugosi Pelosi.”