It was a good week for President Obama, who deserved a break after all the hysteria perpetuated by the right wing fanatics in August.
Not so hot for that GOP backwoods Southern lawmaker who called the prez a liar.
What a tool.
So here’s a few win some, lose some of the week that was:
Panderers of the Week:
Hands-down winners: Fox News, for jumping on that Titanic bandwagon captained by GOP Rep. Joe “You Lie!” Wilson. This is a first. Usually it’s the other way around: Fox usually churns out the whackos like Michele Bachmann like sausage links, but this missing link even surprised the Murdoch morons.
Ease up on watching so much Lifetime Network:
California Sen. Barbara “Don’t call me Ma’am” Boxer went a little overboard about President Obama’s health care reform speech on Wednesday. Visiting with MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow, the senator was practically swooning over the president. Careful, senator, your inner cougar is starting to present itself.
Breaking the ice:
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi showed a new facial expression besides that annoying frozen smile when she responded to Mad-dog Wilson yelling “liar!” in a crowded House chamber. It was reminiscent of everybody’s mom when you sassed her in front of family or friends.
No ‘Hunting with Friends’ Courses, please:
The University of Wyoming dedicated a Dick Cheney Center on campus. The first day featured free lattes for everyone before waterboarding practice. That was followed by groups of college students in a “snear-off” to see who would win a date to use the defribulator on the former creepy VP.
Partying with the Palins:
What a deal, you can have dinner with Todd and Sarah for only $25,000.
Also included with dinner is:
1. Learning how to twitter moronic opinions and get Fox News to treat them like they were Scripture.
2. Advice on how to handle really tough jobs. Seven words: Quit, and watch wedding videos all day.
3. How to defend against an Obamament agent coming to cart granny away to a death panel. Hint: Use would-be son-in-law Levi Johnston as a human shield.
4. Being privvy to stories about the Sean Hannity nobody knows.
5. Appetizers served by Joe the Plumber.
6. After-dinner cigars and Bromo-Seltzer with Jabba the Butt and see who wins the belching contest. Extra-added attraction: Jabba’s followers the Butt-plugs singing the revamped hymn pertaining to their leader, “He’s got the whole world in his hands.”
7. Sending back the dessert sent by liberal socialists: Ben and Jerry’s new flavor in honor of Vermont passing same-sex marriage: Hubby-Hubby.
8. Visit the manger where Bristol’s baby boy was born.
9. Thank the Alaskan Avalanche of Awesomeness for getting their country back.
10. See a meth lab from her porch.