Sarah Palin week continues with the Alaskan Avalanche of Awesomeness appearing on several TV shows:
1. “30 Rock”: Palin fills in for Tina Fey as Liz and it freaks out Alec Baldwin’s character so much that Baldwin has to take time off from appearing on every other show he’s been popping up on. First though, Baldwin and Palin argue over who is more over-exposed.
2. “Lie to Me”: Palin does some fancy pageant walkin’ to dance over the facts in her book that skirt the truth.
3. “How I Met Your Mother”: Levi Johnston and Palin are reunited for a nostalgic look at how Bristol and “cougar bait” hooked up and eventually almost became a family.
4. “Wife Swap”: Palin is duped by Bill Clinton when Bubba e-mails her that the coffee with Hillary meeting is on.
5. “The Jay Leno Show”: Palin, via satellite, answers Jay’s questions in the “10 at 10″ segment:
1. Leno: Are you going to look at Levi Johnston’s photo spread in Playgirl magazine?
Palin: Hokey-smokes, no! It was bad enough that Bristol had to see it.
2. Leno: Johnston is a lot like Johnson. hee-hee, hee-hee: Get it?
Palin: You bet’cha. In fact, Todd has a saying about that: “Lucky for him I’m an easy-going guy, or Levi would be separated from his Johnston right about now.”
3. Leno: Do you think Levi will come on the show and try on several pair of tight-fitting Levis and mud wrestle with Kevin?
Palin: I’m sure “Ricky Hollywood” would do just about anything for publicity right now. Do you have any questions about me?
4. Leno: Ya, ya, in a minute. hee-hee, hee-hee: Could you see Levi’s Johnston from your house?
Palin: What are you, 12-years-old?! Can we get off Levi Johnston?
5. Leno: hee-hee, hee-hee: Hey, Kev, she said “get off” and Levi in the same sentence. hee-hee, hee-hee. OK, OK. So, I understand “Going Rogue” wasn’t your first choice for the title of your book, is that right?
Palin: Yeppers. “Paranormal Activity” was already taken.
6. Leno: Who would win in an all-out —- meeouch! —- catfight between you and Katie Couric?
Palin: Aw! You have to ask, Jay. No contest. That scrawny little twerp wouldn’t last 10 seconds with the Sara-cuda. I’d knock her into next Tuesday and all she’d be able to do is read books and magazines because she’d be laid up.
7. Leno: Speaking of books and magazines, have you even read your book?
Palin: Naw. Gotta keep up my image. I understand it was a best-seller even before anybody had a chance to read one word of it. So why bother? Anyway, I’m waiting for the movie.
8. Leno: You anticipated my next question: Who would you want to play you in the movie? Angelina Jolie or Tina Fey?
Palin: Everybody says Tina Fey is the obvious choice, but only I could possibly play me.
9. Leno: Oh, then a whole other role for you —- actress. Would that career move prevent you for running for president in 2012?
Palin: Well, as I’m sure ya know, Jay, there was a president who was an actor first.
10. Leno: Oh, so you are going the Ronald Reagan route to the White House, aren’t you?
Palin: Uh-huh, uh-huh. Well, except for the forgetting stuff.
Leno: Well, I’ll certainly never forget this.
Palin: I’m sure you won’t.
Leno: It’s been a pleasure.
Palin: I’m sure it was.
Leno: We should do this more often.
Palin: You always need a ratings boost.
Leno: hee-hee, hee-hee: You bet’cha.
Bow …… Wow!
Right-wing nuts have gone berserko grande over President Obama bowing to the Japanese emperor when the two met earlier this week.
Our leaders aren’t supposed to bow to any foreign leader when they’re on foreign soil.
Presidents don’t bow. Haven’t we learned anything from the Bush years?
When in China, presidents are supposed to look like dumb asses trying to walk out two big locked doors.
Conservatives are outraged at this president’s bow. No Republican would ever do that.
You are wrong, Idi Amin Dadda breath.
There is an iconic photo from 1971 of Dick Nixon bowing to Emperor Hirohito —- the guy who ordered the bombing of Pearl Harbor.
There is a photo from the 1950s where President Eisenhower is slightly bowing to French President Charles DeGaulle. Sacre bleu! Freedom fries for everyone!
And who could forget W. kissing and then holding hands with Saudi Crown Prince Abdullah when the oil miser paid a visit to the oil belonging to the Bush family in 2005.
The theory that elephants never forget is bunk. Selective amnesia is more contagious than H1N1 in the body politic.
Fox Noose was all over this like The Bush Administration on imaginary weapons of mass destruction.
Did the Noose fact check when they said never in the history of the presidency has a president bowed to a foreign leader?
Why bother. They decide, then report.
Should Obama have bowed to the emperor? No. The prez wants to prove too often that he’s not from the cowboy diplomacy school.
We get all that. But don’t be so dang by the book. Sometimes you have to be what you are —- the leader of the greatest country in the world.
Not an equal. Because there are no equals. Other countries know that — and expect nothing less.
Obama has got to stop thinking that less is more.
Stop acting like the shy kid at the party.
Ask the prettiest girl to dance.
You’ve got the clout.
Only after she curtseys is when you should bow.