The New Oxford American Dictionary’s word of the year is unfriend, which means to remove someone as a friend on a social
networking Web site like Facebook.
Any hip person knows that the term is actually defriend.
Be that as it may, the dictionary may have missed a few when they considered new words. Here are just a few:
1. Foxholes: Term for people who drink every drop of Kool-Aid Fox News serves up and who can recite every hate-laden and fear-mongering talking point drilled into their tiny brains.
2. Olbermen: Extremely liberal guys with big heads who wear glasses and could be in Keith Olbermann’s fraternity because they’re walking statistics when it comes to sports and tend to have a comment on everything.
3. Homophobicaerobics: The fear of being in an exercise class next to a gay person.
4. Debitoids: Name for people in supermarkets who hold up the line because they still haven’t learned how to use their debit cards when paying for groceries.
5. Spielbergian: Any movie featuring a lonely young boy who is smarter than adults and is somehow put in peril but is befriended by a cute special effects creature who, together, save the planet.
7. Orgasmicfood: Referring to TV commercials that show couples at restaurants who look and act like they’re having sex instead of dinner.
8. Donemployed: Still another way of saying that you’re not working, or have been fired.
9. Dis-an-datters: Name for people in front of you at a fast-food drive -thru who are apparently trying to revise what’s on the menu because they can’t make up their minds from what’s being offered. “Can I get dis with dat? What if I wanted to get dat with dis?”
10. Cellphoneys: Name for people who talk real loud on their cell phones in public places about something that’s absolutely of no significance.
11. Wasillies: People who swarm to Sarah Palin and worship at the feet of the Alaskan Avalanche of Awesomeness. Named for the town of Wasilla where Palin can see dollar signs from her house.
12. Obamaniks: Old hippies and beatniks who believe it was their generation that changed the world and was ultimately responsible for getting Obama elected.
13. Beckerwoods: Name for people who hinge on every word Fox Noose’s Minister of Propaganda Gelnn “Goebbels” Beck spews.
14. Commentary fairy: A person at work or at a function who gets involved in every conversation — especially if he wasn’t supposed to be involved, intentionally or unintentionally.
15. Joke-interruptus: A person who tells the punchline to a joke before the person telling the joke gets the opportunity.
- iPhone 3GS Full diamante,Diamond,rhinestone,bling Protective hard cases on Future fundraiser
- iPhone 3GS Full diamante,Diamond,rhinestone,bling Protective hard Case on Talkin’ ’bout my generation
- read more on CEO vs. community organizer
- finances on The melancholy riff
- Politics Fact Checker on Real guy stuff
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- June 2009
- May 2009
- April 2009
- March 2009
- February 2009
- January 2009
- December 2008
- November 2008
- October 2008
- September 2008