The Olympic gold medal winners have been popping up all week on the late night talk shows and other daily shows.
This is just a prelude before some of the stars get commercial endorsements and start showing up hawking products that have nothing to do with their athletic achievements.
While the Winter Olympics is not everybody’s cup of tea — or frozen yogurt — they of course had their moments.
The hockey games were the best, even though Pittsburgh Penguins center Sidney Crosby’s golden goal for Canada on overtime iced the U.S. for the gold. The headline coul’ve been “Badda-Bing! Crosby!”
Lindsey Vonn better have won gold, since she was acting all diva like before the Games began whining about her hurt ankle —- as if she was setting up an excuse in case she didn’t strike gold.
The Games did well in the TV ratings. It might have been a whole ‘nother story had these 10 events not been rejected at the Winter Games:
1. Two-man bobsledding with Johnny Weir.
2. Fat guys trying to fit into speed-skating body suits.
3. Chap-Stik swopping with Bob Costas.
4. Figure skating heterosexuals.
5. Straddling the Zamboni.
6. Dick Cheney’s hunting party.
7. Finding things more frigid in Canada than Ann Coulter.
8. Downhill skiing in a Toyota Prius.
9. Curling under the influence.
10. Cross-country enhanced interrogation. ice.