Conservative thinker David Frum let the cat out of the bag.
Frum is the former speechwriter for George W. Bush —- which immediately garners him sympathy because his meaty words used to be slaughtered by a dolt.
Anyway, Frum had the audacity to take the Republican Party to task over how they mishandled trying to defeat health care reform.
Frum then told ABC in an interview that “Republicans originally thought that Fox Newsworked for us, and now we are discovering we work for Fox.”
Shocking, ain’t it.
Who woulda thunk it?
In any event, the conservative think tank (contradiction in terms) American Enterprise Institute, of which Frum has been a participant since 2003, parted company with him.
Frum chastised the delusional GOP for making the health care reform issue its Waterloo —- as opposed to Republicans only a few months ago predicting that health care would be a defeat of epic proportions for President Obama.
Frum also suggested that Republican Party defacto leader Rush Limbaugh really wants the GOP to fail because his ratings and wealth are greater when he’s on the outside ridiculing Democrats in power.
What? Jabba the Butt Limbaugh just looking out for himself?
Say, this Frum guy is nothin’ but a troublemaker.
Here are some of the reasons why the AEI said hasta la bye-bye to David Frum:
1. Making room for new member Sarah Palin.
2. AEI couldn’t think of anything better to do.
3. Frum hasn’t written anything that could be massively screwed up since W. delivered one of his speeches.
4. He never was “thinky” enough.
5. Not near whacky enough to get face time on Fox.
6. Speaking of face time, Frum had a choice: Leave AEI or go hunting with Cheney.
7. He’s a real prankster —- once replaced Limbaugh’s bottle of oxycontin with Skittles.
8. Once overheard taking Ronald Reagan’s name in vain.
9. Never could acquire a taste for Kool-Aid.
10. Started thinking for himself.