President Obama was on “The Daily Show” with Jon Stewart on Wednesday night.
Or as Jay Leno would say, “Hee… hee.. Comedy Central, isn’t that the name of the Democratic National Committee?”
Obama is indeed pulling out all the stops the week before the midterm elections to keep his party in control of the House and Senate —– so we could have another two years of Democrats wimping out of doing anything as a majority.
Why do Republicans want to take back control of the House and Senate anyway? They’re getting what they want as a minority without getting anything done.
Politics as unusual.
So why did Obama really go on “The Daily Show”? Well…
1. It was either that or cable TV’s other comedy news program — Fox News.
2. He’s testing the waters for a possible gig after 2012. Here’s a pitch, a revival of “American Bandstand” with Obama as host. It can be called “Ba-rock the Casbah.”
3. He’s still trying to lock up the all-important smarmy and snarky vote that Stewart represents.
4. Wants to be ahead of the jokes once tea baggers like Sharron Angle get elected.
5. Stephen Colbert told Obama to take his guest appearance and shove it.