Ronald Reagan, the conservatives’ answer to the Second Coming, did it before he became president. Long before he got to the White House, as a matter of fact.
He appeared in movies. Granted, most of them are forgettable, but that’s beside the point.
No ex-president has appeared in a movie in a cameo appearance. Sure, they’ve been featured in movies seen on TV in actual news settings. But none in an appearance in a movie for the movie’s sake.
Former President Bill Clinton will make a cameo appearance in the sequel to the highly successful comedy “The Hangover.”
What’s next, Jimmy Carter playing Boss Hoggs’ brother in “Return of the Dukes of Hazzard”?
Clinton easily passed the audition: All you have to do to get cast in one of these buddy-buddy raunchy comedies if you’re a man is be willing to drop your pants.
No stunt double needed here for Willie Jefferson Clinton.
Bubba probably liked the catering on the set —- but not the fact that in these comedies women are pretty much persona non grata.
Here are some other movie titles that Bubba may not want to consider making even for a cameo appearance:
1. “No Country for Horny Old Men”
2. “The Big Lewinsky”
3. “The Hurt-So-Good Locker”
4. A movie about Bubba’s draft-dodging college years when he smoked pot but didn’t inhale is documented in “Romancing the Stoned.”
5. “All About Eve and Gennifer and Monica and Hannah and Her Sisters”
6. “Driving Miss Daisy East of Eden to The Apartment On Golden Pond”
7. “The Good, the Bad and the Ugly In the Heat of the Night”
8. “All the President’s Women Under the Influence”
9. “Desperately Seeking Susan Where the Wild Things Are”
10. “Meet Me in St. Louis Thelma & Louise”
Other pols and pundits who can have starring roles in these suggested titles:
1. Rush Limbaugh in “Inherit the Wingbag”
2. Sarah Palin in “The Greatest Show-off on Earth”
3. John “Bad Tan” Boehner in “A Clockwork Orangeman”
4. Dick Cheney in a double-feature: “No Places in the Heart” and “Flatliners II”
5. Fox Fabricated News Foxholes in “All the Right-wing Moves”