The ratings are in. As many as 111 million people watched Super Bowl 45 on Sunday.
The talk is not so much about the game anymore as it is about the Super Bowl ads or Christina Aguilera’s flubbing of the National Anthem.
Leave the poor young thing alone. Those are some tough lyrics to remember when you’re trying to belt out a tune like a poor man’s Janis Joplin.
Maybe she was just paying homage to the late, great Leslie Nielsen when he was hilarious flubbing the NA in character in “The Naked Gun.”
She was certainly better than Roseanne, whose apparent satire of America’s Song deservedly brought more jeers than cheers.
Why not try an actor reciting the NA in character?
Maybe William Shatner can recite it in character as Capt. James T. Kirk:
“And the rockets red glare, the bombs bursting in air ….. for ….. how …. long?”
If Christina’s rendition didn’t whet your appetite, how about what was on that menu at the White House Super Bowl party?
It looked more like your average tailgate party outside any NFL stadium in the U.S. of A.
Here’s what President Obama and his guests had to chow down on:
Deep dish pizza.
Beer (favorite brewskis indigenous to Milwaukee and Pittsburgh, naturally.)
German potato sald.
You know, guy food. And in the comfort of Obama’s man cave.
So what could have been part of the conversation between Obama and his guests while the game and the chowing down was going on?
Maybe something like:
1. “What! No fried Snickers?”
2. “Look, W. is at the game. He’s probably thinking ‘When’s the Rangers gonna bat?’ “
3. “Whoa! Danica Patrick! Get to the Go.Daddy.com web site already!”
4. “I remember a Super Bowl party when Clinton was in the White House. I told him he looked like he could use a cold one, and he said ya, but Hillary was out of town.”
5. “I was feeling bipartisan. I got the idea for stuff on the menu because it’s exactly what Rush Limbaugh orders everyday at lunch.”
6. “Looks like Palin and her brood are winning the PR battle. With all these dumb guys in Super Bowl ads, “Keeping America stupid” looks to be unstoppable.”
7. “I told Michelle I’m not worried about getting indigestion from all this food —— I just finished a live interview with Bill O’Reilly, the human agita.
8. “I don’t care who wins the game. I’m just here to catch that special episode of ‘Glee’!”
9. “I can’t believe Boehner started to cry when the Steelers lost the coin toss….”
10. “He who smelt it, dealt it!”