Unlike his would-be Republican challengers, President Obama has already announced his bid to run again in 2012.
As David Letterman said, Obama needs another four years to find his birth certificate.
Appears Donald Trump needs a lot less time than that. In fact, that’s his campaign issue thus far.
The Donald The Birther. Not surprisingly, he went up in the GOP polls since he, uh, gave new life to the absurd issue. Once again, a so-called candidate who can’t talk about issues that concern hard-working everyday people. They have to diddle with dribble.
Obama should tell Trump he’ll show him his birth certificate if The Donald shows the world what he really looks like without that muscrat on his head.
The wheels are in motion to get the president re-elected. The money should be there ($1 billion or more will be spent. Take that, Meg Whitman.)
Fox News will probably start the rumor that the movie that will be shown at the Democratic National Convention next year will be called “Tyler Perry’s Keep Obama in Big Mamma’s House for Four More.”
What is needed now, though, are some good campaign slogans.
Here are some rejected slogans and/or promises for President Obama’s re-election campaign:
1. “Hey, you gave W. a second term —- and he was Rain Man!”
2. “C’mon, guys, I got health care passed and not one plug was pulled on granny.”
3. “Try not to laugh when saying President Mitt.”
4. “The Republicans say no so much they should change their name to the Abstinence Party.”
5. “New law of the universe: Evey president is re-elected until we get bin Laden.”
6. “President Obama: He needs four more years to memorize the Koran.”
7. “Just think, four more years of Fox News making up all that lame crap about me.”
8. “If re-elected Biden will moonwalk on ‘Dancing with the Stars.’ “
9. “Will campaign in Pennsylvania clinging to guns and a religion.”
10. “Better a president be a lame duck than a Newt.”