Fox News headline that could sum up their boss Rupert Murdoch being grilled by members of Parliament on the phone-hacking scandal in the United Kingdom:
“Muslim attacks Rupert Murdoch with a plate of shaving cream spiked with anthrax!”
Murdoch and his son, James, did appear before Parliament on Tuesday and they knew nada about any phone-hacking of lawmakers, celebrity, murder victims and members of the royal family.
Everybody else underneath their thumbs is guilty.
Round up the usual suspects.
So, if Rupert Murdoch and son James were out of the loop as to what was going on in their corporation, what in the news of the world made his worker bees believe they were secure enough to get away with their general culture of corruption.
Just wondering if the shaving cream incident wasn’t also staged by the Murdochs. What did most news organizations, and Fox News, take away from the Parliamentary procedure? Right, Rupert attacked by that hooligan. It worked: It had a tinge of danger and then humor, making the whole procedure almost a laughing matter.
There are never any coincidences when it comes to old Rupert. Except maybe the sudden death on Monday of the U.K. reporter who broke the phone-hacking scandal.
Coincidence? We report. You decide.
It could be part of the movie that will eventually be made about Murdoch. Of course it will be loosely based on what really happened. Picture if you will Michael Corleone Murdoch ordering his “adopted” brother Tom Hagen Corleone to pay a visit to the reporter, Frankie Five Angels and telling him something like, “When the insurrectionists failed in their attempt to overthrow the emperor, they went home, had a party, got a little drunk and then drew themselves a hot bath and opened their veins.”
Throw in 72 virgins on the other side and you got a deal.
Things going through Rupert Murdoch’s head during the questioning:
1. “Not bad. Seven out of the 10 twits questioning me are on my payroll.”
2. “How long is this nonsense going to continue? It’s been an hour since I’ve given the OK to destroy the life of someone I’m sure is a danger to my world.”
3. “Where’s the bloody SOB we hired to try and hit me with shaving cream so I can get me some sympathy?”
4. “Tie me kangeroo down, sport. Tie me kangeroo down. And play your didgeridoo, Blue, play your didgeridoo. Uh, like, keep playin’ till I shoot through, Blue, play your didgeridoo.”
5. “I’m a pirate, I am, and after I’m done with this I’ll get my revenge on all of you. This pirate will show you some Arrhmageddon!”