The Minnesota Twits, former Gov. Tim Pawlenty and Congresswoman Michele Bachmann, both Republican presidential hopefuls, are bad-mouthing each other on the campaign trail.
He said, she said is starting to give their individual campaigns and their supporters —- wait for it —- migraines.
But at least they’ve both got that God thing going for them.
Pawlenty says “God is in charge.”
Hard to argue that.
Bachmann, meanwhile, is still taking flak for her and her hubby’s clinic maintaining that they can get homosexuals to “pray away the gay.”
Guess the Bachmann’s weren’t in New York City on Sunday when same-sex marriages were being held hanging off to the side with clinic pamplets whispering to couples, “Pssst…check this out.”
Not to worry, sports fans, this is all about to get a whole lot worse —- but more fun —- when Texas Gov. Rick “secede from the Union” Perry enters the GOP race for the White House.
And why not a Texas governor in the White House? Look how well that worked out the last time.
The comparisons between Perry and George W. Bush are minimal, but will be magnified in a general election.
Perry is going to conduct this big Christian get-together soon in a Texas-sized football stadium. Maybe then he’ll make it official and announce that God told him to run for president.
Soon after it will be divulged that Perry is dyslexic and in fact it was his dog that told him to run.
A recent poll taken showed that 56 percent surveyed thought a presidential candidate should have strong religious beliefs.
Of course the same percent, 56, didn’t know that Mitt Romney is a Mormon.
But 56 percent said they thought Sarah Palin is a moron.
Ok, that’s not true. It was only 30 percent.
Naturally 16 percent thought President Obama was a Muslim. That same 16 percent said they never leave home and don’t change the channel from Fox News because they believe their dead pets are speaking through Sean Hannity and telling them what waits for them on the other side.
Get this, 4 percent thought the president was Catholic, but that he’ll probably convert to Islam before it’s all said and done.
OK, the second part to that isn’t true. Only 2 percent thought that.
Other things in the poll that went unreported:
1. 42% believe when Jesus comes back to Earth he’ll want his own show on HBO, co-hosted by Glenn Beck.
2. 23% believe there were only 11 apostles and that one’s name was Mitt.
3. 31% swear that they read somewhere in the Old Testament that Satan was also refered to as Barack.
4. 54% want Michele Bachmann to “pray and go away.”
5. 48% believe if you don’t vote Republican in the next election, God will make you or someone in your family impotent.
- iPhone 3GS Full diamante,Diamond,rhinestone,bling Protective hard cases on Future fundraiser
- iPhone 3GS Full diamante,Diamond,rhinestone,bling Protective hard Case on Talkin’ ’bout my generation
- read more on CEO vs. community organizer
- finances on The melancholy riff
- Politics Fact Checker on Real guy stuff
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- June 2009
- May 2009
- April 2009
- March 2009
- February 2009
- January 2009
- December 2008
- November 2008
- October 2008
- September 2008