Marshall Tuck, candidate for State Superintendent of Public Instruction, continues his statewide “School Turnaround Tour” with public events in Los Angeles on Tuesday. Highlights include an event with teachers to discuss the path forward in light of the landmark Superior Court decision in Vergara v. California, as well as an event with former Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa and the five Los Angeles-area student Plaintiffs and their families in Vergara.
The press conference with the Vergara Plaintiffs is the first public event with the Plaintiffs since the Superior Court decision was handed down on June 10, 2014. A full schedule of events can be found below.
-Marshall Tuck, Candidate for State Superintendent of Public Instruction
-Hon. Antonio Villaraigosa, former Los Angeles Mayor
-Los Angeles-based Plaintiffs in Vergara v. California, and their families
State Superintendent for Public Instruction candidate Marshall Tuck’s Turnaround Tour is themed around the opportunity to turnaround California’s education system in light of the recent court ruling in Vergara v. California. The media event with the Vergara Plaintiffs and their families is the first public event with all Los Angeles-based Plaintiffs since the Court’s historic ruling in Vergara was announced in June. Tuck will be available for media interviews throughout the tour. Please contact the campaign for media availability or to ride on the bus.
- Community Roundtable – Inglewood: Tuck will meet with key Inglewood community leaders to discuss the state takeover of the district and how to address state failures
- When: Tuesday, Noon-1pm
- Where: Derrick’s Jamaican Restaurant, 6806 La Tijera Blvd, Los Angeles, CA
- Media Event with Vergara Plaintiffs: Tuck will be joined by former Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa and the Los Angeles-based Plaintiffs who filed the groundbreaking education lawsuit, Vergara v. California, as well as parents and teachers, to talk about Tuck’s commitment to a more equitable education system in California.
- When: Tuesday, 3:45pm set-up, 4 p.m. Event
- Where: 5121 Van Nuys Blvd., Ste. 200, Sherman Oaks, CA 91403
- Additional details: The Vergara Plaintiffs will be making an important announcement. A brief Q&A session with Tuck and Mayor Villaraigosa will follow the formal portion of the press conference.