After work I stopped at San Biagio’s Pizza to eat, knowing the TVs are often tuned to CNN, so I could watch the debate. I ended up live tweeting commentary on my account @davidallen909. What the heck, here’s what I typed.
* As someone who never watches TV and gets his news from newspapers, this is the 1st time I’ve heard Romney’s voice. Or seen him move.
* By my count, Obama is ahead 2-0 on references to his grandmother.
* CNN live real-time graph of Colorado undecided voters as they struggle to decide if they are men, women.
* Analysis: Jim Lehrer’s eyes are actually black buttons.
* Obama has talked 33 mins., Romney for 30. Mitt has already cut hot air by 10%.
* That’s the Declaration of Independence behind them? Thought it was Mormon Bible, Koran.
* Obama has talked 38 minutes, 35 for Romney, 3 minutes left. Just let Romney take it all.
* “What would you do about partisan gridlock?” Candidates: Reach across aisle, strangle other party.
* With debate over, Romney can thaw out frozen smile, Obama can unclench jaw.
* Obama debate coach is more assertive than Obama was.
* Michelle Obama: “You celebrated our anniversary by losing the debate? You’re sleeping on the sofa.”
* Poll: Undecided voters let phone ring when pollsters call, can’t decide whether to pick up.
* Is that James Carville or Voldemort?
* Exclusive photo of Obama debate performance!