Congratulations to Cliff Young!
The event helped raise money for the Palm Springs
High School music program and marching band, victims of a burglary last
The band played (beautifully) for attendees and students staffed the beverage stations.
The weather was plentiful and most folks seemed to be enjoying themselves.
I don’t expect this to be a one-off event. Cliff is hoping to make this a semi-annual event, and is thinking of incorporating food trucks into other events he organizes.
We had a great time chatting with Inland Empire food truck operators, including Yucaipa-based Stella Pierre’s Gourmet Grub (offering a caramel-Sriracha sauce with chocolate-covered bacon is sheer genius), Apple Valley’s Where’s the Fire? Gourmet Pizza (regulars at Redlands Market Night and the High Desert Farmers Market) and Suite 106 Cupcakery (which had yet another sell-out).
More food truck events are on the horizon, including three later this month. Click the jump to see a list.
- Wheel Food Fest: 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday (February 11), Diamond Bar High School, 21400 Pathfinder Road, Diamond Bar (just beyond the Inland Empire). $2 for adults, $1 for students with ID, and free for kids five and under. Don Chow Tacos, the Slummin’ Gourmet, Sweet E’s Bake Shop, Rebel Bite, Jogasaki Burrito, Nom Nom Truck and Slammin’ Sliders. @DBHSFoodFest
- Upland Highland Regiment Boosters Food Truck Frenzy: 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. February 18, Cable Airport, 1749 W. 13th St., Upland. $5. Flier advertises 19 trucks, including My Delight Cupcakery. Dale Bros. Brewery beer garden. Flier, boosters’ website.
- Inland Empire Brewing Company Third Anniversary: Noon to 6 p.m. February 25, 1710 Palmyrita Ave. Suite #11, Riverside. $30. 15 breweries, plus Stella Pierre’s Gourmet Grub, Suite 106 Cupcakery, Gourmet Genie and Short Rib BBQ. Website, tickets.
- Corona Chamber of Commerce Primetime Mixer: 4:30 to 8:30 p.m. February 29, UFC Gym, 470 N. McKinley St., Corona. Bacon MANia, the Lime Truck, Dos Chinos, the Slummin’ Gourmet, Pogi Boy and Crepe’n Around. Flier.
- The Yum Festival: 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., March 25, Ontario Mills Mall. Website. 40-plus trucks lined up.
- I.E. Food Truck Fest: Noon to 6 p.m., May 6, Citizens Business Bank Arena, Ontario. $10, $8 in advance, children age 6 and under are free. Early entry tickets are an additional $5. Website, tickets.
- Riverside Food Truck Fest: Noon to 6:30 p.m., June 10, Third and Main streets, Riverside. Beer garden. Website.