We’re overdue for a roundup of Inland Empire restaurant changes:
- Red Buffalo, formerly at 2525 N. Del Rosa Ave., San Bernardino, has closed. The restaurant opened early in 2011 and was mostly known for its chicken wings and its bargain prices.
- Rubio’s “retired” its Upland location at 140 S. Mountain Ave., Suite C, this summer. For those of you who were clamoring for a Panda Express to take its place, your wish has been granted. Thanks to reader Carl for the updates.
- Jaws Fish, Shrimp and Chicken, was quickly replaced by Jennie’s Chinese Food, which itself is now closed. Perhaps 2388 Arden Ave., San Bernardino, is not such a great location for a restaurant.
- This happened a while ago, but I don’t think we’ve mentioned it here. San Bernardino has one less Amapola Rico Taco. It’s a shame, since the location at 1060 Harriman Place was one of the two which hosted a delicious Sunday brunch.
- The former Tasty Goody Chinese Fast Food at 601 E. Foothill Blvd., Rialto, is now Ajuberto’s Mexican Food.
- A new Johnny Rockets has opened in the Inland Empire. The location at 71800 Highway 111, Suite A134, in Rancho Mirage is apparently also the second-largest in the U.S., bested only by the one at Knott’s Berry Farm.