This year’s bake sale is being held Saturday, March 30, and they could use your help.
All you have to do is volunteer to make something for the sale. They are looking for pretty much any and all baked goods — cupcakes, brownies, breads, cookies, pies and cakes — as well as other goodies, like caramel apples, fudge and toffee to sell.
Money raised during the sale will go to Share Our Strength to help in their goal in ending childhood hunger in America.
And if you don’t bake, you can also help out in one of several ways:
- Recruit someone you know who likes to bake
- Donate online
- Donate one or more prizes for their raffle prize wheel
- Spread the word via email, Facebook and Twitter
- Host your own bake sale at your church, school or workplace and donate the proceeds
- Purchase items at the bake sale
The group’s goal this year is $2,500.
The bake sale will be held from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Ed Hales Park, State and Fifth streets, Redlands.
Volunteer bakers should email Erin Crabtrey by Friday, March 22.
Tally update: The group surpassed its goal with flying colors…the total raised (so far) is $3713! Congratulations and thanks to all who participated!