This weekend — today in particular — seems to be the big weekend for German-style beer drinkin’ and eatin’.
There are events happening from Palm Springs to Pomona.
Head over the jump for a sampling of where to eins, zwei, drei, g’suffa…
- Big Bear: This is the granddaddy of all Inland Empire Oktoberfest events, begun in 1971 and still going strong. Big Bear Oktoberfest takes place at the Big Bear Lake Convention Center, 42900 Big Bear Blvd., Big Bear Lake. It continues from noon to midnight today (October 19), noon to 5:30 p.m. Sunday (October 20) and noon to midnight Saturday, October 26. Tickets start at $5 for seniors (on Sunday) and $9 for adults (on Sunday). Saturday/weekend tickets are $18 for adults and $14 for seniors. Kids get in for free on Sunday, and $8 on Saturday. Get all the details here. Advance tickets can be purchased here. Presale tickets aren’t discounted, but presale ticket holders get priorty entry, which is invaluable.
- Lake Arrowhead: Economy got you down? The Lake Arrowhead Oktoberfest is free! The event takes place at the Lake Arrowhead Village, 28200 Highway 189, Lake Arrowhead. It continues noon to 7 p.m. today (October 19), noon to 5 p.m. Sunday (October 20), noon to 7 p.m. Saturday, October 26, and noon to 5 p.m. Sunday, October 27. Lake Arrowhead Oktoberfest claims the largest selection of German and craft brews of any Southern California Oktoberfest. A portion of beverage sales will benefit 5th Marine Corp Regiment Support Group and other charities. For more information, click here.
- Pomona: Oktoberfest at Fairplex is the place to be if you can’t wait for the weekend. It continues 6 p.m. to midnight today (October 19), noon to 6 p.m. Sunday (October 20), 6 p.m. to midnight Thursday (October 24) through Saturday, October 26, and noon to 6 p.m. Sunday, October 27. Sundays are family-friendly (kids 12 and under are admitted free with a paying adult) while other days are 21 and older only. Tickets are just $5 and can be purchased in advance here. Click here for more information.
- Upland: The cultural mashup that is Oktober Fiesta takes place from 5 to 10 p.m. today (October 19) at Dale Bros. Brewery, 2120 Porterfield Way. The Viking Truck will be serving brats (the food, not the people). The event is also a fundraiser (and shoeraiser) for Shoes That Fit, so attendees who bring a new pair of athletic shoes — sized 10 youth to 12 adult — will be entered into a special raffle. The Plustones will perform at 6 p.m. Tickets are $5 at the door. Click here for the Facebook event page.
- Palm Springs: The Palm Springs Oktoberfest will take place from noon to 6 p.m. at the Spa Resort Casino, 502 E. Amado Road. Tickets are $20, and include two tasting tickets, a souvenir Stella Artois chalice for tasting and $10 in free play at the casino. Cha-ching! V.I.P. tickets are available for $50, which grant you everything in the general admission ticket, plus an extra eight tasting tickets and access to the V.I.P. Lounge, with a DJ, burlesque dancers, food tastings, and premium wine and liquor tastings. You can get all the details by clicking here.