Chick-fil-A and waffles?
Last week, Chick-fil-A began a limited-time test of new breakfast entrées here in the Inland Empire.
It’s a continuation of a trial that began last fall.
Three of the new entrées are for those who are looking for healthier options. All have less than 300 calories:
- Egg White Chicken Grill (300 calories, 6 grams of fat): Grilled chicken, egg whites and American cheese sandwiched in a toasted multigrain English muffin.
- Greek Yogurt Parfait (110 calories, 2.5 grams of fat): Honey vanilla Greek yogurt with blueberries and sliced strawberries, topped with a choice of granola or chocolate cookie crumbs.
- Multigrain Oatmeal (140 calories, 3 grams of fat): Steel-cut multigrain oatmeal, slow-cooked in a kettle. It’s supplemented with flax, whole wheat and buckwheat, then topped with blueberries and strawberry slices. It’s also served with a side of cinnamon brown sugar.
The chain is also testing entrées for those who want something a little more decadent and sweet:
- Chicken & Waffle (440 calories, 9 grams of fat): A boneless breast of chicken, hand-breaded and pressure cooked in peanut oil, served with a warm Belgian-style waffle with a caramelized sugar crunch (maple syrup baked inside.) It includes a side of honey as well. Customers can get the waffle by itself, too.
- Cinnamon Swirls (310 calories, 17 grams of fat): A trio of mini cinnamon rolls, served warm and topped with cream cheese icing.
The test coincides with the chain-wide rollout of specialty-grade, farmer-direct THRIVE Farmers Coffee. Sales of each cup of coffee provides direct revenue to THRIVE’s network of farmers in Central America, allowing them to earn up to 10 times more net profit than coffee sold through traditional models. The coffee is available hot or iced.
The items are being tested at 12 Inland Empire restaurants. The chain has locations in Rancho Cucamonga, Upland, Ontario, Redlands, Chino Hills, Corona, Moreno Valley, Murrieta and Temecula.
The new items are also being tested in greater Philadelphia, Middle Georgia and Memphis, Tenn.
For a look at the new items, click here.