After losing most of our fresh & easy stores here in the Inland Empire, we’re glad to see another couple of discount grocery stores expanding into the area.
But will there be a store near you?
We’ve got a list of forthcoming locations here in the Inland Empire.
Take a peek over the jump to see if one will land in your neighborhood.
- 1638 E. Second St., Beaumont (Former Staples)
- 15080 Summit Ave., Fontana (Former Long’s Drugs)
- 78-601 Highway 111, La Quinta (New construction)
- 18289 Collier Ave., Lake Elsinore (Looks to be a former Office Max)
- 2268 Foothill Blvd., La Verne (Former Office Depot)
- 30163 Haun Road, Menifee (Looks to be new construction)
- 12630 Day St., Moreno Valley (New construction)
- 72543 Highway 111, Suites A & B, Palm Desert (Former David’s Bridal)
- 5200 Ramon Road, Suite B5, Palm Springs (In The Springs shopping center)
- 625 E. Hospitality Lane, San Bernardino (Former CompUSA)
- 4020 Highland Ave., San Bernardino (Former Factory 2 U)
- 34000 Yucaipa Blvd., Yucaipa (New construction)
- 2275 S. Euclid Ave.,Ontario (Former fresh & easy)
- 176 S. Mountain Ave., Upland (Former fresh & easy)
Aldi stores are expected to begin opening in March, with 45 Southern California stores expected to open by the end of 2016.
Grocery Outlet’s new stores are expected to begin opening in December and continue into 2016. 14 new Southern California stores are planned.
Of course, old-timers may remember that Upland had a Grocery Outlet once upon a time, at 150 West Foothill Blvd. There’s a Marshall’s there now. Also, the chain formerly had locations in San Bernardino (2337 N. Sierra Way) and Victorville (14598 Seventh St., Unit B). Apparently, there was also one at 83240 Highway 111 in Indio.