This Saturday (May 13) is the 25th annual National Association of Letter Carriers’ Stamp Out Hunger food drive.
You can help fight hunger without even leaving home.
All you need to do is root through your pantry and gather up some food items, put them in bags and set them out by your mailbox.
Your letter carrier will take care of the rest.
- Do donate non-perishable food, including cereal, dry pasta, pasta sauce, rice, canned fruits and vegetables, canned soups, chili and pasta, juice, peanut butter, macaroni & cheese, and canned meats and fish.
- Do consider donating healthy, low-sodium, low-sugar items such as beans, oatmeal and other whole grains, and canola or olive oil.
- Do put your donations out before your letter carrier arrives.
- Do give generously.
- Don’t donate anything that’s perishable or needs refrigeration.
- Don’t donate anything that’s expired.
- Don’t donate anything that’s in glass containers.
- Don’t forget to donate!
The donations will go to local food banks, and once again Feeding America Riverside | San Bernardino is participating, so your donations will help feed folks right here in the Inland Empire.