The Dodgers lost to the White Sox, 10-7, tonight at Cellular Field. For a full recap and boxscore click here
What You Should Know:
* For a team that has struggled offensively this year – especially at home – the Sox looked downright lethal while smashing six home runs, three off starter Randy Wolf, two off reliever Corey Wade and one off James McDonald. Alexi Ramirez, Jermaine Dye, Paul Konerko, Jayson Nix and Josh Fields (2) all went deep for Chicago.
* Wolf got roughed up for five runs on seven hits in just 3.1 innings.
* Wade and McDonald weren’t much better in relief, combining to give up six hits and five runs in just 3.2 innings of work.
* Matt Kemp gave the Dodgers some hope in the top of the eighth when he crushed a three-run home run to left field off Jimmy Gobble to make it 10-7. But Octavio Dotel came on to strike out Rafael Furcal with Juan Pierre at first base to end the inning, and the threat.
* You know it’s a bad night when the other team’s seventh and ninth hitters combine for four hits and six RBIs.
* The Dodgers stranded 18 runners.
* The Dodgers did not have an extra base hit against Sox starter Gavin Floyd.
* Mark Loretta had two hits and an RBI, Orlando Hudson added and RBI single and Russell Martin had two singles.
* Pierre doubled and scored in the seventh inning.
The Dodgers go for their ninth straight series win tomorrow at 11:05 a.m., sending RHP Chad Billingsley (9-3, 2.83) against LHP Clayton Richard (2-1, 4.03)