The Cardinals defeated the Dodgers 3-2 tonight in St. Louis. For a full boxscore click here.
* Albert Pujols singled home Julio Lugo in the bottom of the 15th inning for the winning run.
* The Dodgers led 1-0 with two outs in the bottom of the ninth inning, at which point Jonathan Broxton gave up a single to Ryan Ludwick, then threw a wild pitch to allow Ludwick to reach second, and a single to Colby Rasmus to enable Ludwick to score the winnin run.
* The Dodgers took a 1-0 lead in the fourth inning on James Loney’s RBI single.
* Clayton Kershaw was sensational hrough eight innings, giving up just four hits while striking out seven.
* The Dodgers left 24 runners on base.
* The Dodgers hope to salvage one game in this four-game series, and stop their season-worst four-game losing streak, by sending RHP Hiroki Kuroda (3-5, 4.57) vs. Kyle Lohse (4-6, 4.35).