The Cardinals beat the Dodgers 3-2 tonight at Dodger Stadium. For a full box and recap click here
THE BARE ESSENTIALS
* Albert Pujols and Rick Ankiel both hit home runs and Chris Carpenter allowed five hits in eight innings to win his eighth straight decision
* Andre Ethier and Matt Kemp both doubled for the only extra-base hits for the Dodgers.
* Charlie Haeger recorded his first career big-league quality start, allowing three runs in seven innings with two strikeouts in a losing effort.
* The Dodgers dropped a season-high fourth straight at home, their longest home losing streak since a four-game skid May 7-11, 2008.
* The Dodgers fell to 23-23 at home since their record-setting 13-0 stretch to start the season.
* The Dodgers fell to 21-15 in one-run games, 17-5 at home.
* With Russell Martin’s eighth-inning throwing error, Los Angeles snapped its season-high streak of 85.2 consecutive errorless innings.
* Haeger became the 10th different Dodger pitcher to start a game this season, one behind last season’s total.
* With his first-inning single, Rafael Furcal reached base in a season-high 26 straight games dating to July 20. Furcal is batting .296 (34-for-115) with two homers and 11 RBI during that span.
* In Game 2 of the three-game series the Dodgers send RHP Chad Billingsley (11-6, 3.73) vs. RHP Mitchell Boggs (1-1, 3.78) at 7:10 p.m.