The Dodgrs defeated the Cardinals 7-3 tonight at Dodger Stadium. For a full box click here.
* Chad Billingsley, making his first start after suffering a strained hamstring last week, went six innings while giving up two runs on three hits.
* Orlando Hudson went 3-for-4 with an RBI, his 10th game with three or more hits. He is batting .327 (17-for-52) with a homer and seven RBI in 15 August games.
* Rafael Furcal went 1-for-5 with an RBI and has reached base safely in a season-high 27 straight games dating to July 20.
* Russell Martin had two doubles to end his 10-game stretch without an extra-base hit.
* Chad Billingsley stroked an RBI single in the fourth inning and ranks second on the Dodgers’ pitching staff with four RBI, five behind Randy Wolf’s nine.
* Jonathan Broxton picked up his first save of more than 1.0 inning since June 21, when he tossed 1.1 innings to close out a 5-3 victory against the Angels at Anaheim Stadium.
* The Dodgers snapped a season-high four-game losing streak at home and improved to 24-23 at Dodger Stadium since their record-setting 13-0 stretch to start the season.
* Chad Billingsley has gone a career-high five straight starts without allowing a home run (28.1 IP) for the fourth time…do note, he did not allow a home run in his first five starts of 2009 after finishing the 2008 campaign with a homerless outing.
* George Sherrill worked 1.1 scoreless innings and has tossed 9.2 consecutive scoreless innings in nine games since his July 30 acquisition…do note, Sherrill allowed his first inherited runner (of six) to score in the seventh.
* The Dodgers improved to 994-993 in 1,987 all-time meetings with the Cardinals.
* In the finale of the three-game series the Dodgers send LHP Clayton Kershaw (8-7, 2.91) against RHP Adam Wainwright (14-7, 2.62).