The Dodgers beat the Diamondbacks 4-3 tonight at Dodger Stadium. For a full recap and boxscore click here.
THE BARE ESSENTIALS:
* Andre Ethier was the hero in this one, as he drew a bases-loaded walk to drive in the eventual winning run in the seventh and then made a spectacular play on a Brandon Allen drive to right-center. Ethier caught the ball at the top of the wall while on a dead run.
* Matt Kemp homered once again — making it four straight games with a four-bagger for the 24-year-old centerfielder. After a 2-for-3 day, he’s now OPSing an even .900 on the season.
* Dodgers starter Vicente Padilla was effective for his second consecutive start with the team, going 5.1 four-hit innings. He was charged with only one run but got the no-decision.
* Scott Elbert, just called up earlier in the day from Triple-A as rosters expanded, was nearly the goat in this one. Elbert, who was 2-0 with a 4.80 ERA in three previous stints with the Dodgers, gave up two runs in the sixth after picking up for Padilla.
* Also called up were catcher A.J. Ellis and outfielder Jason Repko. It’s Repko’s first time with the big club since last September.
* Jim Thome, acquired from the White Sox on Monday, will debut with the Dodgers tomorrow. Jon Garland, acquired from Arizona, will start against the Diamondbacks Thursday, taking the spot of Charlie Haeger in the rotation.
* In game three of the four-game set, the Dodgers’ Chad Billingsley (12-8, 3.83) faces Arizona’s Max Scherzer (8-8, 4.26)