The Dodgers defeated the Arizona Diamondbacks 4-2 tonight at Dodger Stadium. For a full recap and boxscore click here
THE BARE ESSENTIALS:
* Jon Garland, making his first start with the Dodgers since being traded to L.A. from Arizona on Monda, allowed two runs in 7.0 innings, retiring the last 14 batters he faced…he is now 3-0 with a 2.70 ERA (6 ER/20.0 IP) in his last three starts.
* Casey Blake went 3-for-4 with a double, leaving him just five hits shy of 1,000 in his career (995).
* Manny Ramirez hit a lead-off home run in the fourth inning to ties the game 2-2, his 16th home run of the year.
* Ronnie Belliard went 2-for-3 with three RBI and is batting .333 (4-for-12) with one homer and four RBI in four games as a Dodger.
* After sharing the NL’s top record with the Cardinals for one day, Los Angeles claimed back the Senior Circuit’s top spot and now leads Philadelphia and St. Louis by 1.0 game.
* Garland became the 12th different Dodgers starting pitcher, one more than last year’s total of 11 and one shy of the Los Angeles Dodgers record of 13 set in 1964… he became the first Dodger starter to earn a victory in the last seven games.
* Jonathan Broxton picked up his 31st save, which ranks 10th on the all-time Dodger single season saves list, trailing Todd Worrell’s 32 in 1995 by one for the ninth spot…Eric Gagne has the Dodger record with 77 saves in both 2002 and 2003.
* The Dodgers open a three-game home series against the San Diego Padres Friday by sending LHP Clayton Kershaw (8-7, 2.94) against LHP Wade LeBlanc (0-1, 9.58).