Wednesday was a fruitful day for photographers of eager young men signing their first professional contracts with the Los Angeles Dodgers.
A photo posted by Errol Robinson (@errol_robinson6) on
So, to recap:
- First-round pick Gavin Lux is expected to forego his college commitment and formalize his contract soon.
- Santa Clara University pitcher Mitchell White (second round) signed below slot.
- High school pitcher Dustin May (third round) reportedly signed for $1 million, well above the slot value ($591,000).
- The Dodgers signed Seattle University third baseman Brock Carpenter (20th round), USC pitcher Jeff Paschke (22nd round), and Ole Miss shortstop Errol Robinson (sixth round). Robinson signed for $250,000, which is essentially slot value. Carpenter and Paschke’s signing bonuses aren’t known at the moment.
- Western Nevada outfielder D.J. Peters (fourth round) also signed. His bonus is unknown.
- San Jacinto College pitcher Devin Smeltzer (fifth round), who has a truly amazing back story, is expected to have an official contract soon.
- Twenty-ninth round draft pick Will Kincanon wrote on his Instagram account that he will attend college next year rather than sign with the Dodgers.
We’ll pass along more as we know it.