Dodgers minor league pitcher Adrian Salcedo received a 144-game suspension without pay following a positive test for a performance enhancing drug, a metabolite of Boldenone. His season is likely over.
Salcedo did not appear in the Dodgers’ major league camp this year. The 25-year-old was on the roster of Triple-A Oklahoma City. He’d pitched the entirety of his professional career prior to this season in the Minnesota Twins organization.
Salcedo was suspended 80 games under the minor league drug prevention and treatment program in April 2015, when he tested positive for a stimulant (Heptaminol) and a performance-enhancing substance (Tamoxifen).
Yasiel Puig hit his first home run of the Cactus League season Wednesday, minutes after MLB formally announced that the Dodgers outfielder would not be suspended under its domestic violence policy. (Staff photo)
GLENDALE, Ariz. — Major Leaue Baseball announced Wednesday that it will not discipline Dodgers outfielder Yasiel Puig under its domestic violence policy.
Brett Anderson will be out until at least June after having surgery today on a bulging disk in his lower back. (Associated Press photo)
GLENDALE, Ariz. — Dodgers pitcher Brett Anderson
will have surgery on a bulging disk in his lower back today. He’s expected to miss approximately 3-5 months, a broad timetable that would allow the pitcher to return anytime between June and August.
Manager Dave Roberts said that he expects Anderson, who made a career-high 31 starts last year, to return before the end of the season.
Anderson, 28, was slotted into the Dodgers’ starting rotation again after going 10-9 with a 3.69 earned-run average in 2015. Anderson threw live batting practice to teammates on Tuesday, and said he felt the pain at the end of the session.
The surgery will be performed by Dr. Chris Yeung in Phoenix.
Josh Ravin made his major league debut with the Dodgers last June. (Getty Images)
GLENDALE, Ariz. — Dodgers pitcher Josh Ravin broke the radius bone in his left (non-throwing) forearm in an automobile accident Monday afternoon. He’s scheduled to undergo surgery today and his long-term prognosis is still to be determined.
Dodgers pitcher Frankie Montas will miss the next 2 to 4 months after undergoing a procedure Friday to remove his right first rib.
Montas was acquired from the Chicago White Sox in December in the three-team trade that sent Scott Schebler and Jose Peraza to Cincinnati. The 22-year-old right-hander was expected to begin the season in the starting rotation at Triple-A Oklahoma City.
Pitchers and catchers report to spring training on Feb. 19 in Glendale, Arizona. A two-month timetable would allow Montas to return during the second week of the major league regular season.
A Dodgers spokesperson said that Montas first noticed discomfort in his ribcage during an off-season workout. The procedure was performed by Dr. Greg Pearl in Dallas, Texas — the same surgeon who performed thoracic outlet surgery on Dodgers pitcher Josh Beckett in 2013.
Montas made his major league debut with the White Sox in 2015 and appeared in seven games, starting two.