The San Diego Padres beat the Dodgers 7-4 today at Petco Park. For a full recap and boxscore click here.
THE BARE ESSENTIALS
- Manny Ramirez went 1-for-3 with a home run in his second game back. He was again lifted for Juan Pierre in the sixth inning.
- Casey Blake a had a bit of a slump-busting performance, going 2-for-4.
- Three errors and unusually spotty relief were the Dodgers’ undoing today, as both Ronald Belisario and Ramon Troncoso allowed three runs. All of Troncoso’s were unearned, though.
- Randy Wolf got…another no-decision. He went six strong innings, allowing only four hits and one run.
- The Dodgers mounted a bit of a rally in the top of the eighth to trail by only one, 4-3, but Troncoso couldn’t do the job in the bottom of the inning. The Blue put together another run in the ninth, but it wasn’t enough. Padres closer Heath Bell got the five-out save.
- The top three of the Padres’ order — Everth Cabrera, David Eckstein, and Adrian Gonzalez — combined for six of the team’s 10 hits.
- Orlando Hudson got the day off today. Joe Torre said he might not play tomorrow either.
- The Dodgers will try to win the series tomorrow at 1:05 p.m. Chad Billingsley (9-4, 3.12) and Josh Banks (1-0, 3.38) face off.