fortunate that the puck found the net on a couple on him. The Moen shot I think
surprised him. Hes a world-class goalie, one of the elite goalies in the
league, and we were fortunate that he didnt have one of his better nights
The Ducks had never won eight straight at ArrowHonda PondCenter before Wednesday night, Jonas Hiller had never gotten an assist, and Roberto Luongo never looked so bad. OK, maybe once or twice while I wasn’t looking.
Here was Carlyle’s take on it:
Fair enough.A couple other milestones: It was Kent Huskins’ 100th NHL game, and Scott Niedermayer’s 200th as a Duck.
A mini-rant: Tonight Isaw, on separate occasions from separate fans, a pair of obscene gestures on FanCam. Who they were directed at, I have no clue. In the last home game against Montreal, I saw a Ducks fan giving The Finger to a Canadiens fan (at least that had some context) but still try to keep it classy, Ducks fans. There’s kids around.
The playoff standings:
1. DETROIT: 46-18-6; 98 points; 122 possible points; 12 games left (7 at home)
2. SAN JOSE: 41-21-8; 90 points; 111 possible points; 12 games left (7 at home)
3. CALGARY: 36-24-10; 82 points; 106 possible points; 12 games left (4 at home)
4. DALLAS: 42-25-5; 89 points; 109 possible points; 10 games left (5 at home)
5. DUCKS: 40-25-8; 88 points; 106 possible points; 9 games left (5 at home)
6. COLORADO: 38-27-6; 82 points; 104 possible points; 11 games left (6 at home)