The California Republican Party attempted to get some digs in on Democratic gubernatorial candidate Jerry Brown today as he celebrates his 72nd birthday. A few of the intended quips come close to the mark, most, not so much.
TOP TEN WAYS JERRY BROWN SAYS HE’S
CELEBRATING HIS 72nd BIRTHDAY
(A Top 10 list so inside…it’s
10. Watching “Matlock” reruns with
my union buddies.
9. Asking Gray Davis to pick up my
laundry, you know, like the good old days.
8. Checking FPPC reports to see how
much John Burton spent on my “Grumpy Old Men” DVD set.
7. Expressing a transcendent political
philosophy that creates an alternate reality for California’s
degenerative economic system. At least that’s what my guru says.
6. Challenging that MoveOn.org guy to a
5. Listening to audio version of
The Power of Many ’cause I secretly dig the way Meg says,
4. Jacques Barzaghi stopping by–we’re
gonna party like it’s 1979!
3. Raising money by selling my
autographed Linda Ronstadt albums on eBay.
2. Changing my Facebook status to
“Jerry Brown is…suing you for violating your FarmVille expansion
1. Switching my campaign insurance to