“Record Made Easy” is broken down into five separate classes, with a different class taking place every Saturday at 10am local time at all 221 Guitar Center locations across the U.S. on an ongoing basis. If participants need a refresher, they are welcome to come back and take classes as many times as they like, and each class features a question and answer session with the on-site instructor. The week five class on online music publishing will only be available in months with five weeks.
The Introduction to Computer Recording class schedule:
– Week 1: Signal Flow and Microphone Techniques, including Signal Flow Basics; Recording Basics; Recording Vocals; Recording Electric Guitar
– Week 2: Virtual Instruments and Loops, including working with virtual (software) instruments; Working with Apple Loops
– Week 3: Effects, including working with compression, eq, reverb and with guitar amp and pedal software
– Week 4: Mixing and Publishing, including preparing a mix; Automation; Mixdown / Publishing
– Week 5: Online Music Publishing (in months with 5 weeks only), including how to use TuneCore to get music digital distributed on Amazon, iTunes and Spotify