Week 0 lines … Follow me on Twitter @ChemicalAT

These pointspreads are for entertainment purposes only.

Some games featuring local teams vs. non-local teams will not have spreads. In rare instances in which enough is known about the non-local team, there will be a spread for that game.

Week 0
Thursday, Aug. 23
Bonita (-4) vs. San Dimas (at Citrus Coll.)
Friday, Aug. 24
Servite (-24) at Bishop Amat
St. Paul (-8 1/2) at La Mirada
Wilson at Bosco Tech (-10)
Alemany (-35) at Pasadena
Muir at Upland (-38)
Rio Hondo Prep at Arcadia (-7)
Temple City at La Salle (-13 1/2)
Alhambra (-17) at Mountain View
West Covina (-30) vs. Covina (at Covina District Stadium)
Arroyo at Los Altos (-3)
Rowland at Nogales (-6)
Ayala (-10) at Diamond Bar
Baldwin Park at El Monte (-21)
Bassett (-14) at Keppel
Diamond Ranch (-1) vs. Chino (at Ganesha)
Duarte (-28) at Marshall

Follow me on Twitter @ChemicalAT

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

28 Responses to Week 0 lines … Follow me on Twitter @ChemicalAT

1. Green pastures aka "El Gato Monte" says:

Bonita (-4) vs. San Dimas (at Citrus Coll.)
    Friday, Aug. 24
    Servite (-21) at Bishop Amat
    St. Paul (-14) at La Mirada
    Wilson at Bosco Tech (-14)
    Alemany (-42) at Pasadena
    Muir at Upland (-28)
    Rio Hondo Prep at Arcadia (-21 1/2)
    Temple City at La Salle (-21)
    Alhambra (-21) at Mountain View
    West Covina (-42) vs. Covina (at Covina District Stadium)
    Arroyo at Los Altos (-7)
    Rowland at Nogales (-1)
    Ayala (-10) at Diamond Bar
    Baldwin Park at El Monte (-14)
    Bassett (-7) at Keppel
    Diamond Ranch (-1) vs. Chino (at Ganesha)
    Duarte (-28) at Marshall

2. Jefe says:

La Mirada beating St. Paul right off the bat would make my year.

3. Aram says:

Green Pastures,

La Salle by 21 over my Rams? I’ve heard good things about La Salle, but come on, they won one game last year!

4. Green pastures aka "El Gato Monte" says:

Being an all everything Wildcat football alumni, we beat TC under Mooney when they were 7-0. Two years in a row for the the Rio Hondo title, when TC was a power house. Ask New York, he felt the wrath of the Mighty Rams. Any time I can stick to the Rams, I will. I am sure the The new wildcats no nothing about the Real TC Rams….

5. Get A Life says:

Hello Green Kitty

Dude give it a rest i am starting to feel sorry for you.

6. lupe says:

I’ll take a 5 team parlay
    Beercats-4
    Servite -24
    The U -28
    The Ranch -1
    Arroyo +3

7. green Pastures says:

Get a life…Get of my nuzzuts!

8. realTALK says:

Aram! I’ll take 100$ on the rio hondo vs Arcadia game! Give u (rio hondo) +10!!! Crazy thinking even on Arcadia’s worst day that rip hondo is even capable of beating the apaches!

9. hobo says:

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha rowland lose to nogales ?
    hahahahahaaha

10. Lukinuki says:

I will take a three team parlay.
    Los Altos -3
    El Monte -21
    Servite -24

11. AMAT 73 says:

Aram ,
    You want some action on those 24 points?? Let’s put some cabbage soup or a lettuce sandwich on it if you care to . I’ll take you know who !!!!

12. Aram says:

How is that all of you know sports betting terminology? I’ve actually heard from some reliable people that there’s some pretty high-stakes betting on HS football games in the SGV. But nobody will tell me more than that because they know I will want to write about it.

Pretty epic.

By the way, did you know sports books now post lines on HS football games? They have smaller bet limits, but those games on like ESPN have lines. Pretty amazing.

I GUARANTEE you it won’t be long

13. The Chef says:

Aram,

So Amat a 24 point underdog? What about the 2nd half? Does that equate to 48 points deficit for the game? I think you a being a little generous there. You must have not wanted 73 to choke on his Pastrami…

14. objective fan says:

To realTALK:

Concerning the Rio Hondo vs. Arcadia game,if I were a gambling man I would take that bet all day long. Have you seen Rio Hondo Prep play? Granted they only have around 50 boys in the entire high school to field both JV and Varsity teams, but they know the game and are very well coached. Careful, dont go broke.

15. Aram says:

The Chef,

These are entire game lines. They are not my projection of what I think the final margin will be, they are supposed to put a spread between the two teams that make it hard for you to decide which you’d bet.

objective fan,

Arcadia is a Southeast Div. team and I think laying a touchdown is actually pretty cheap. I woulda made it 10, but I just knew all these wiseguys would come out of the woodwork wanting a piece of RHP.

16. New York says:

Green Pastures,
    I really thought TC was 8-0 going into that game you mentioned, and they were coached by DiFiori that year, not Mooney. Mooney was still an assistant under Maloney at San Marino at that time.

I was part of an epic game at TC my sophomore year that they won, as we were stopped on a two point conversion after going 96 yards to score the last Two minutes. Then my junior year I had a rough homecoming game against them. Then we returned the favor on their homecoming my senior year.

17. realTALK says:

Yo fan! I’ll take ur money! 100$ on it? Bet me!

18. objective fan says:

To realTALK

Thank you for your kind offer but I am not a gambling man. Please don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying Arcadia is going to lose. What I am saying is I don’t think it’s as much of a slam dunk as you appear to believe it is. There is no doubt in my mind that Arcadia is a quality football team and will be ready to play. Rio Hondo Prep is also a fine program and I believe will make this contest a game to remember. I am looking forward to a great match between the only two high schools in Arcadia. May the best team win. Let’s talk on August 25.

19. AMAT 73 says:

chef,
    Ok you opened your grease trap , how much you want to put on the line ??? I’ve always wanted to see a chef choke on his own creation .

20. FootballFan says:

Question for Aram;
    Do you plan on doing a spread all year. Whole lotta fun. PICK of THE WEEK> Rio Hondo Prep +7, WOW. I would take them straight up Money Line. I have NO ties with them at all. Just a Fan. Let it begin…….
    Go CATS!

21. Aram says:

FootballFan,

Yes, spreads every week.

22. You understand therefore significantly when it comes to this topic, produced me in my opinion consider it from so many various angles. Its like women and men aren’t fascinated except it’s something to do with Woman gaga! Your own stuffs nice. All the time maintain it up!

23. realTALK says:

Arcadia 49
    Rio Hondo 7

24. Football Fan says:

Response to Real Talk
    Tell you what. First, If I had a $100 pesos to blow I’d be on my way to Del Mar. I don’t mind playing for some Monopoly $. Every week you give me your top 5 locks and I will give you mine. End of the year you Win the braggin rights, if you Win.

25. objective fan says:

To realTALK

Hello there my blog friend, how are you?
    F.Y.I., the JV Arcadia vs. Rio Hondo Prep football game was today at Arcadia High School final score Rio Hondo 47 Arcadia 14. If this is any indication of how the varsity game might go, Arcadia might be in trouble. Just sayin.

26. Someone who knows says:

On Aug 16 realTALK said:
    >>>Football fan I’ll give u rio hondo +10 vs Arcadia for 100$ put ur money where it mouth is! Hope u don’t bet football, and if u do I’m sure ur either in debt or homeless by now!!! Haha
    Arcadia 49
    Rio Hondo 7<<<

Well you were partially right, you had the 9 and the 7 right but it was

Rio Hondo 29
    Arcadia 7

And Rio Hondo dominated the JV game, too, 47-14.

27. objective fan says:

Hey realTALK, where are you?. I understand and appreciate the passion you have for your Apaches. I feel the same way about my Kares. I know it’s hard to be so sure and confident about a game and then have to eat your own words. Take two aspirin and blog us in the morning.

28. click here says:

Wow, incredible weblog format! How lengthy have you been running a blog for? you made running a blog glance easy. The whole glance of your site is wonderful, as smartly as the content!