By Melissa Pinion-Whitt, The Sun
Sheriff’s deputies wheeled Olivia Carolee Culbreath on a gurney into a courtroom Monday in what was her first court appearance on the Diamond Bar drunken-driving crash that killed six people in February.
Culbreath, 21, of Fontana wore hospital garb and said little during the very brief hearing before Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Jack P. Hunt. Her arraignment was postponed until March 26 so attorneys could gather evidence.
“We have not received discovery in this case,” said Los Angeles County Deputy Public Defender Roger Whitenhill.
Culbreath had been hospitalized with serious injuries since the Feb. 9 wrong-way crash on the 60 Freeway. She was transferred to Twin Towers Correctional Facility in Los Angeles earlier this month, but had not appeared in court until Monday.
Assistant Head Deputy John Monaghan of the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office declined comment on the case.
Culbreath has been charged with six counts of murder in the deaths of Gregorio Mejia-Martinez, 47, Leticia Ibarra, 42, Jessica Jasmine Mejia, 20, and Ester Delgado, all of Huntington Park; Kristin Melissa Young, 21, of Chino; and Maya Louise Culbreath, 24, of Rialto.