City of Diamond Bar
Motorists, be advised that if your morning or afternoon commute includes crossing the Grand Avenue Bridge above the 60 freeway, you can expect heavy traffic delays as a result of a City of Industry road resurfacing project.
The project, which involves grinding and repaving the stretch of road between the freeway on and off-ramps, will result in a single traffic lane open to traffic on both the southbound and northbound sides. The lane reductions coupled with the vehicles exiting and entering the freeways will create significant delays for through traffic.
It is anticipated that the project will continue into the middle of next week; the lane closures by the City of Industry are scheduled as follows:
- southbound (coming from City of Industry) lane closure from 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- northbound (going out of City of Diamond Bar) lane closure to start from 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
In an effort to help alleviate traffic in the area, City of Diamond Bar has:
- set up a message board on Grand Avenue between Montefino Avenue and Lavender Drive to inform passing motorists of the road work and encourage alternate routes;
- worked with Caltrans to increase the timing cycle length at the traffic signals near the freeway on and off-ramps during the morning rush hour; and
- will schedule Sheriff’s deputies to assist with traffic control as needed.
Questions related to the road resurfacing project should be directed to the City of Industry at 626.333.2211.