Santa Anita/storm update

The rain that caused Santa Anita to cancel a record eighth day of racing Sunday appears to be moving out of the Southland, and weather.com has downgraded the chance for rain tonight. That’s good news for track officials, who had hoped to begin the maintenance program after today’s final race that they hope will solve Cushion Track’s drainage problem.

If the track is not too wet beneath the surface and track superintendent Richard Tedesco and his crew are able to begin work tonight, chances are excellent that racing will be able to resume Friday as hoped. If work is delayed until Monday to allow the track to dry, there is a good possibility racing won’t resume until Saturday. Right now, it’s an hour-to-hour proposition.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>