Here is my newest Kentucky Derby top 10 that I will be submitting to the Paulick Report this morning. The list reflects the results of last weekend’s Derby preps, including the Louisiana Derby at Fair Grounds, Tampa Bay Derby at Tampa Bay Downs, San Felipe Stakes at Santa Anita and Rebel Stakes at Oaklawn Park:
1. The Pamplemousse — If he can handle dirt, look out
2. Friesan Fire — Was powerful score more a reflection of his talent or the sloppy track?
3. Pioneerof the Nile — Baffert’s past Derby success impresses me more than colt so far
4. Old Fashioned — Loss in the Rebel Stakes isn’t the end
5. Dunkirk — Florida Derby will show if lightly raced colt is for real
6. I Want Revenge — Ultra-impressive in Gotham, but remember Bellamy Road in 2005?
7. Quality Road — Figures to be Florida Derby favorite off Foutain of Youth romp
8. Imperial Council — Second to ‘Revenge in Big Apple, but can improve
9. Desert Party — Best of the Godolphin brigade
10. Giant Oak — Somebody has to round out the top 10
That’s it for this week. I’m going on a one-week vacation and will return next Sunday. Please come back then and contribute to our blog.