For the Cal Poly Pomona fans unable to make the cross-country trip to Durham, N.C., for Thursday’s exhibition game, there will be a couple of different ways to follow the action between the Division II champion Broncos and the Division I champion Blue Devils.
If you’re close enough to campus, the live video feed will be played in the Center Court area of the Bronco Student Center. Tipoff is set for 4 p.m. on Thursday.
If you want to watch the game in the comfort of your own home, go online to GoDuke.com and sign up for their Inside Access package, which will give you the live webcast on your computer for a $10 fee.
Thursday’s exhibition game at Cameron Indoor Stadium pits, based on the preseason poll, the best of Division I against the best of Division II. Duke amassed a 35-5 record en route to capturing the D-I title with a 61-59 win over Butler in Indianapolis, Ind.
Cal Poly Pomona closed the 2009-10 conference slate on a 13-0 tear and despite suffering a loss in the California Collegiate Athletic Association Tournament, rebounded to win its next six games and capped off that run with a 65-53 victory over Indiana (Pa.) to secure the D-II national championship.
The Broncos ended the historic year with an overall record of 28-6, marking the highest win total for the program.
Entering the 2010-11 campaign, Duke earned the No. 1 spot in the USA Today/ESPN preseason coaches poll and CPP is ranked first in the Division II Bulletin preseason poll.
Directions to the Bronco Student Center
The campus has easy access from 10 and 57 Freeways.
The Bronco Student Center (BSC) is a short walk from the Parking Booth located in the main parking lots C & D. Please inquire at the Visitor Information/Parking Booth how to get to the BSC.
From 10 San Bernardino Freeway
1. Exit: Kellogg Drive
2. Coming East, turn right at the end of the exit ramp.
3. Coming West, turn left at the end of the exit ramp.
4. Continue on Kellogg Drive past University Drive and Red Gum Lane until you get to the parking booth and park as directed by the attendant at thebooth.
Campus Parking is $5
From 57 Orange Freeway
1. Exit: Temple Ave.
2. Coming North, turn left at the top of the exit ramp.
3. Coming South, turn right at the end of the exit ramp.
4. Continue on Temple Ave. going over railroad tracks, past Valley Blvd.
5. Turn right at South Campus Drive signal.
6. Turn left at Kellogg Drive signal.
7. Continue until you get to the parking booth and park as directed by the attendant at the booth.
Campus Parking is $5