Because of my strong commitment to quality education, I am seeking re-election to the Board of Trustees. My sixth term as a Walnut Valley Unified District board member has allowed me to be an advocate for the student and to contribute too many of the district’s outstanding accomplishments. I am especially proud of my shared achievements with the WVUSD:
– California Distinguished Schools
– 98 percent graduation rates
– International Baccalaureate Program at Walnut and Diamond Bar High Schools
– Diamond Bar High Calculus ranked No. 1 in the nation
– API scores above 800 for all schools in the WVUSD
– Exceptional Performing Arts and Athletics Programs
– Prodigious achievements in Math and Science
– Continue to keep the district fiscally sound during the current state budget crisis
– Diamond Bar High and Walnut High School ranked top schools in the nation
Background: Employed as Information Systems Manager for City of Fullerton, Board Member, School District 1985 to Present, California School Boards Association 1985 to present, Delegate Assembly Representative for California School Board 1998 to present, Government Relations Chairman for California School Board 1999 to present, Board Representative R.O.P. 1998 to present.
I believe all students can learn. It is my commitment and challenge to continue to strive for improvement in community involvement, communication, school safety, and greater opportunities for all students. It is the district’s vision, and my personal commitment, that our measure of success will be graduating seniors who are sensitive, culturally aware, and 100 percent literate.
Helen M. Hall