Report: Ballesteros has brain tumor

Seve Ballesteros, 51, reportedly said he has a brain tumor, according to the Associated Press. Ballesteros was recently admitted to the hospital after complaining of feeling dizzy and lost consciousness. Here’s the Associated Press report:

Ballesteros told Spanish news agency Efe on Sunday that extensive tests performed at Madrid’s La Paz hospital had discovered the tumor.
The 51-year-old Ballesteros, who was admitted to the hospital on Monday after briefly losing consciousness, reportedly said that he would undergo a biopsy on Tuesday before the doctors decide how to proceed.
The former Ryder Cup star, who won a record 50 times on the European tour, won the British Open three times and the Masters twice before retiring last year due to a long history of back pain.
Ballesteros was also admitted to a hospital last year, and doctors discovered an irregular heartbeat.

Facebook Twitter Plusone Digg Reddit Stumbleupon Tumblr Email
This entry was posted in Uncategorized by Jill Painter. Bookmark the permalink.

About Jill Painter

Jill Painter is a sports columnist for the Los Angeles News Group, covering everything from the Dodgers, Lakers, Clippers, USC, UCLA, Kings, golf and all human interest stories in sports.