An 18-4 fourth-quarter run carries the day and carries the Lakers to another victory, their sixth in their last seven games.
– The Lakers won on a night when Kobe Bryant (18 points, 7 of 19) wasn’t at his best. Both Bryant and Derek Fisher got off to slow starts but a team effort brought the Lakers through. Six players scored between 10 and 19 points.
– You can’t stop Sasha Vujacic, you can only hope… well, you know. But Vujacic turned in another remarkable performance with a team-high 19 points. Not sure how long this will last, but the Lakers will ride it for all it’s worth.
– Key stat? The Lakers had 17 offensive rebounds. That definitely made up for the sub-par shooting. And much like the scoring, it was a collective effort, as five players had at least two offensive rebounds. Andrew Bynum had a team-high four. Bynum had 10 rebounds total and Lamar Odom had 16.
– Another pretty good ball-movement night for the Lakers, who had 29 assists on 37 field goals.
– Luke Walton shows more signs of coming out of his slump, with 12 points and five assists.
Now it’s on to Cleveland…