Manny Gamburyan, acknowledging L.A. is a champions town, said he was under some pressure from friends to keep up the winning.
And in a salute to the Kings, Gamburyan said he had a plan to represent the Stanley Cup champions.
“I was going to come out with the jersey, the helmet, the stick,” Gamburyan said after his unanimous-decision victory over Michihiro Omigawa. “The Kings gave me a jersey with Gamburyan on the back and the number 12 for 2012, but the UFC turned it down.”
- Marcus Clenney on UFC champion Ronda Rousey signs deal with insureon
- Jolyne Chacon on Marina Shafir — video of first two amateur fights
- Johnny on UFC champion Ronda Rousey signs deal with insureon
- Howard Brammer on UFC champion Ronda Rousey talks Miesha Tate vs. Cat Zingano
- Jason Kioke on UFC champion Ronda Rousey talks Miesha Tate vs. Cat Zingano
We invite you to use our commenting platform to engage in insightful conversations about issues in our community. Although we do not pre-screen comments, we reserve the right at all times to remove any information or materials that are unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane, indecent or otherwise objectionable to us, and to disclose any information necessary to satisfy the law, regulation, or government request. We might permanently block any user who abuses these conditions.
If you see comments that you find offensive, please use the “Flag as Inappropriate” feature by hovering over the right side of the post, and pulling down on the arrow that appears. Or, contact our editors by emailing email@example.com.