A documentary film titled “Re: Generation Music Project” will be in local cities for a one-night only release in the Riverside and San Bernardino area on Feb. 16 with encore screenings Feb. 23.
According to the news release, Hyundai Veloster in association with The Grammy’s are presenting the movie which crosses genres and generations.
Amir Bar Lev, who made the award-winning documentaries “My Kid Could Paint That” and “The Tillman Story,” directed the film.
Among the features are current five-time Grammy-nominated artist Skrillex going into a Los Angeles studio with members of the rock band The Doors to collaborate on a new song “Breakn’ A Sweat.”
Scott Kirkland of The Crystal Method said in the release: “There is no sound we can’t make. There’s not a beat we can’t create. There’s not an artist we can’t record … Now what?”
Added DJ Premier in a statement: “You just put me in a whole different way on how to listen.”
The film will be shown at:
– 8 p.m. AMC Ontario 30, 4549 Mills Circle, Ontario
– 8 p.m. Redlands Cinema 14, 340 N. Eureka St., Redlands
– 8 p.m. Apple Valley 14, 22311 Bear Valley Rd., Apple Valley
– 8 p.m. Ultra Star Tower 10, 27531 Ynez Rd., Temecula
All the music videos from RE:GENERATION MUSIC PROJECT can now be experienced at:
– Skrillex “Breakn’ A Sweat” featuring Members of The Doors (Ray Manzarek, Robby Krieger, John Densmore)
– Mark Ronson “A La Modeliste” featuring Erykah Badu, Tromobone Shorty, Mos Def, Zigaboo Modeliste and members of The Dap Kings
– DJ Premier “Regeneration” featuring NAS and the Berklee Symphony Orchestra
– The Crystal Method “I’m Not Leaving” featuring Martha Reeves and The Funk Brothers
– Pretty Lights “Wayfaring Stranger” featuring LeAnn Rimes and Dr. Ralph Stanley
– Check out the RE:GENERATION trailer on YouTube