The Folk Music Center, at 220 Yale Ave., has released a music concert and class schedule for June, July and August.
- An African drumming workshop will occur from 4:30 to 6 p.m. June 3. Leon Mobely, who has collaborated with Ben Harper, Michael Jackson, Mick Jagger, Babatunde Olatunji, Quincy Jones and more, will instruct.
Admission is $20.
- Transatlantic Steel with Joti Rockwell and Tony Perman will take place at 7 p.m. June 10.
The free show features a mix of southern Appalachia and Zimbabwe sounds with Rockwell on banjo, guitar, fiddle and mandolin and Perman on mbira. The program will also include American old-time and bluegrass repertoires.
Doors open at 6:30 p.m.
- Peter Case, founding member of pop group the Plimsouls, will perform at 7:30 p.m. June 16.
Case is a singer/songwriter who uses a flat-pick guitar style and will perform songs from his newest album “The Case Files” and other material.
Doors open at 7 p.m. Admission is $15.
- San Diego songwriter Joel Rafael will interpret Woody Guthrie music at 7:30 p.m. June 23. Rafael has performed at the annual Woody Guthrie Folk Festival since its start and has toured nationwide.
Doors open at 7 p.m. Admission is $12.
- Mountain Goats Solo – John Darnielle has sold out his performance at the center on July 3.
- A baritone ukulele workshop will take place from 4:30 to 6 p.m. Aug. 5 with Doug Thomson demonstrating bluegrass styles. Admission is $25.
For more information, contact 909-624-2928 or www.folkmusiccenter.com.