Tag Archives: Baseline League
Rancho Cucamonga girls soccer earns first league victory of the season
— Cary Willborn (@RCHS_Cougars) January 21, 2016
A second half goal by Rancho Cucamonga’s Lauren Perry proved to be the difference in the Cougars’ Baseline League home victory over Los Osos, 2-1.
Devyn Kelsey of the Grizzlies provided the early lead with a goal in the first half but it was Olore Imoohi of the Cougars, who was responsible for tying the game after a successful free kick opportunity.
It was the first league win of the season for Rancho Cucamonga (10-2-2, 1-1-1) while the Grizzlies suffer their third straight league loss.
- Olivia Seddon struck first for Chino Hills in the 2-0 victory over Upland with a shot to the upper right corner. Madeleine Tarin added to the lead with a header off an assist from Jessica Miclat.
- Jordan Tadros had one goal and an assist in the first half for St. Lucy’s in the victory over Etiwanda, 2-1. Tadros was credited for the assist on the goal scored by Nicole Leggio. The only score of the second half came off a penalty kick by the Eagles.
Mt. Baldy League:
- Brooke Kortekaas scored three goals in the Braves dominant performance over the Jaguars, 11-0, in Mt. Baldy League play. Ashlyn Farino and Diana Pineda contributed to the Braves’ shutout victory with two goals apiece. Allison Brossard, Kastel Heinold, Alex Hargrave and Caitlyn Sanchez also scored in the game.
- Colony defeated Chaffey, 3-1. Christine Vandenberg, Caeylee Esquivel and Natalie Treto all scored for the Titans in the second half against the Tigers.
Citrus Belt League:
- Gaby Hinojosa had three goals for Citrus Valley in the 8-0 win over Eisenhower while Valerie Warren added two goals.
- Johanna Mota scored a pair of goals for Carter in the first over Redlands, 2-0.
- Marina Medeiros had eight saves for Redlands East Valley in the Citrus Belt League victory over Yucaipa, 3-1. Hailey Montoya, Brenna Dolen and Aly Olsen each scored for the Wildcats.
- Bloomington remains undefeated this season following its 6-0 victory over Fontana.
Rancho Cucamonga’s Grace Coelho commits to Toledo soccer
Rancho Cucamonga junior Grace Coelho has verbally committed to play soccer at the University of Toledo.
Coelho will compete with the Cougars this season in a tough Baseline League schedule.
The team will begin its season with a first round game against Carter in the Fontana Summit Tournament.
More to come
Continue reading “Rancho Cucamonga’s Grace Coelho commits to Toledo soccer” »
Roundup: Ontario Christian boys XC qualifies for CIF prelims
Boys Cross Country
UPDATE: Baseline League swim titles decided, Whittington sets record
The Los Osos girls swimming and diving team finished first to earn the Baseline League Championship.
For the boys, both the Los Osos and Damien High athletic directors have tweeted that their respective teams had won a share of the league title.
Despite the tie, the Damien boys swimming and diving team has won at least a share a of the league championship each of the last 19 years in a row, according to athletic director Jeff Grant.
Grant also stated that Damien defeating Los Osos in the dual meet during the season and Los Osos’ victory at the league finals this past week played a role in the outcome and the eventual tie in the league standings.
Continue reading “UPDATE: Baseline League swim titles decided, Whittington sets record” »
Chino Hills’ Tannon Snow breaks CIF single-season home run record
Tannon Snow, a University of Washington commit, went 5 for 5 with three home runs for the Chino Hills Huskies in the victory over St. Lucy’s, 22-7, on senior night.
Snow’s second home run broke the CIF Southern Section single-season home run record, according to Huskies head coach Mike Southworth.
Snow’s third home run increased her record and total on the season to 23 home runs.
The win also provided the Huskies sole possession of the Baseline League Championship for 2015.
“It was a pretty amazing day,” Southworth said.
Tannon’s sister, Taylon Snow contributed to the Huskies with a 3 for 6 performance as she scored two runs and brought in three. Kylie Michael went 3 for 4 for a three-run home run against the Regents.
Chino Hills will wrap up the season next week with games against Etiwanda and Los Osos.
“These next two games will be a big deal for us as we prepare for CIF,” Southworth said.
CIF Girls High School Soccer Brackets released
The CIF Girls High School Soccer brackets for Division 1 through 7 have been released.
Click HERE to view
Ayala’s releaguing appeal is denied
The CIF-Southern Section announced the results of 14 releaguing appeals on Friday, and the only one from a San Bernardino County or Inland Valley school was Ayala, which had its appeal denied.
Ayala is scheduled to move into the Baseline League along with Chino Hills, in the fall of 2014, replacing Alta Loma and Glendora.
Of the 14 appeals, only two were accepted: those of Simi Valley and Simi Valley Royal. Ayala’s was one of the 12 denied. Ayala was denied by a vote of 13-1.